Wednesday, May 20, 2009

First 24 hours in Bolivia

We (Jake and I) arrived Monday night- our only complication: delayed flight.... which we lived through:) We got to spend 6 hours in the La Paz airport luckily neither one of us got sick. That night we met the 4 other medical students that will be here for about 3 weeks. We found out when we arrived that Jake's good friend Rudy had been in an accident and his girlfriend was killed. Pray for recovery for Rudy and that God would use this tragedy to bring many to know Christ. Also pray that God would give Rudy a sense of peace.
Tuesday morning we all got up at arrived at the Hospital around 8am. The 4 medical students were shown where they will be working for the next couple of weeks. I helped at the Burn Center. I got to meet many of the children as well as play and feed them. I didn't have a hard time seeing the burns, but rather seeing these young kids having to endure such pain.
It sure makes me realize how truely blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment