Monday, May 25, 2009

1 week in Bolivia

So a week ago today I arrived in Bolivia. Its hard to imagine- it feels like I have been here for a long time! I am getting a little more settled, but am still trying to find my place in the Burn Center. I have gotten to know a couple of the kids pretty well- Jhoseline (10) and Juan (4). It has been fun to see how the kids are progressing and slowly talk a little more. The older kids have been enjoying the crayons and the coloring books. Today Jhoseline and Juan colored a picture for the mothers because Mother's Day is Wednesday. It has been interesting learning about burns and the long process that each individual has to go through.
Please be praying that I would a light at the Burn Center and that I would be able to find my place there.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to Bolivia, Eva! Tell Jake hi too and if you come out to CCS this week, stop by first grade for a welcome hug!

    Helen Steele

    ReplyDelete